Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Madness

We've been watching basketball. Big men with big dreams for a big win. I have no allegiance to any of these schools, so you would think that I could watch without any concern for who comes out on top. But every single time, I sense a sadness for whichever team loses. I watch the sullen faces of the players as they slowly walk back to the locker room, sometimes even sinking to their knees in tears. I think a friend pinpointed my problem when she remarked that she prays for these young athletes, that they will find a greater passion than a passion for points. Yes, that's it. My sorrow comes from seeing such misplaced emotion. Would it not be wonderful if the players of a losing team could rejoice with those who have won, knowing that their hope is not in the outcome of a game, but in a Great God who satisfies way beyond the buzzer?

1 comment:

Erin said...

In HIS presence there is FULLNESS of JOY. At His right hand there are pleasures forevermore!