Monday, July 28, 2008

First Things

My sister suggested that my husband and I attend an infant CPR class since we adopted a baby this past December. The class began with a video drama of a baby who had stopped breathing. The tears began to roll as I envisioned something like this happening to our daughter. Later, when we were reviewing the steps of action in case of this emergency, the teacher asked, "What's the first thing you should do?" The answer she was looking for was "Make sure the scene is safe." The answer I know to be true is "pray to the Only One who can help." Yes, it was a good idea to participate in this class, and we were thankful to have been equipped with the information. But, the first thing I'll do is cry out to Jesus. "You brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help." (Psalm 22:9-11)

1 comment:

Vanesa said...

Isn't it great that the Lord gave u an opportunity to live this out? ;)

I like that your posts are so short and sweet. I get ADD reading mine.