Thursday, July 3, 2008

Completely Satisfied

John Piper says, "God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in Him." Early in my Christian journey, the Lord brought a man named Michael into my life who modeled this truth. Michael loved the Lord Jesus; he spoke of Him with passion and enthusiasm. He knew the Bible and was willing to spend hours discussing it. On the other hand, he didn't own a television, and he didn't talk about television shows. He didn't wear the latest fashions, and I never saw a name brand. Even though he went to a university known for its athletics, he didn't join in the boasting when his team won a big game. (In fact, I didn't even know he had gone to this school for a long time.) He didn't drink alcohol, smoke, or overeat. I definitely got the impression that he had a joy that was greater than anything the world had to offer, and I was drawn to it. God was being glorified through Michael's satisfaction in Him! Oh, Lord, satisfy us this morning with Your unfailing love that we might sing for joy and be glad all our days! (Psalm 90:14)

2 comments:

Pastor Michael said...

I am shocked that you don't think Land's End is a major brand.

Pastor Michael said...

Comfort Waist(TM) trousers and a God-entranced vision of all things: the new cool.