Monday, September 8, 2008

Reappearing Verses

There it is again! I read The One Year Bible during my quiet time, and today's Old Testament reading was Isaiah 1:1-2:22. After reading and prayerful reflection, I picked up a book that I hadn't read in at least a couple of months. I've been slowly working my way through it and had just resolved last night to finish it. The chapter was entitled "Christianity and Race Prejudice" and was written in 1910 by Francis J. Grimke. He concluded with the verses of Isaiah 1:11-17! There it is again! The same verses I read in the Bible, amazingly ordained by God for me to read again moments later in "The Faithful Preacher." This is exciting to me, as if my precious Lord has a special message to me through reappearing verses. Today it was this: "Stop doing wrong, learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." (Isaiah 1:16-17)

No comments: