Thursday, December 31, 2009

Delightful Delicacy

If my calculations are correct, tonight will mark the eighth time I've read through the Bible. Impossible, I thought, years ago when we embarked upon a plan to complete it during a discipleship course called Master Life. Many failed attempts followed. But somewhere along the line of my life, I began to make progress, and what had seemed to be choking became instead gasping. Oh, it's life! It's food! I must have it! Just as we wouldn't think of going a day without remembering to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, we find that we can't make it through those same twenty-four hours without feasting on the most phenomenal words that have ever been written. Start savoring His supply, and you'll always want to come back for more.

2 comments:

Pastor Michael said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were going to get your third post in for the month! Glad to find you made reading your Bible the priority.

Congratulations on 3 posts per month for an entire year, plus the entire Bible for the eigth time.

What have you got planned for 2010?

Monika Holt said...

I love your blog. You are very inspiring, I also love your the way you write. Thank you.