Monday, June 23, 2008

In Common

Sometimes we'll meet someone new, and in the coarse of the conversation, we'll discover we have something in common. Suddenly, the enthusiasm for the conversation picks up a little. Then, maybe we find we have a few or maybe even several more things that we share, and we're starting to think that this could be the beginning of a friendship. After I became a Christian, I found that I share Christ in common with brothers and sisters all over the world, and when I meet a fellow believer, there is an instant bond. "Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common." (Acts 4:32)

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

Thanks! It is because I'm am joined to Christ and am a new creature. The natural (wo)man is a real wet blanket!

The believers bond is so sweet. I remember a debate with GW and he was asked to explain the change that happened because of his personal relationship with Christ. He said that it would be hard for some one to understand without going through it. People fussed and complained about how exclusive that statement was, but I could totally relate.

Katie