Monday, June 30, 2008

Loved Enemies

The definition my Strong's Bible dictionary gives for enemy is "adversary," a person who opposes or fights against another. This defines not only those whom we dislike, but sometimes it also defines those we love, such as our spouse. So, what are we to do with our enemy? Love them; bless them. The Bible is teaching me that if my husband has become my enemy through something he has said or done against me, then I am to turn around and bless him. Make his favorite meal. Give him a back rub. Pray for him. Think of the things that will most show love to him, and do it. This is the way of Christ.

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

Good advice and connection to the spousal relationship.

A teenage son can fall into the same category some days. Tough person to love and displine and to know which he needs more.

Katie