Sunday, February 28, 2010

Song Child

Have I mentioned my melancholy side? Doing battle against discouragement is a daily endeavor. My main mode of defense is wielding the Word, but lately the Lord has been giving me an added weapon in this war: the sound of a two-year-old singing His praises. Upon waking, I often hear "My God is so big, so great and so mighty, there's nothing my God can not do." And, just before going to bed at night, I'm encouraged by rigorous renditions of "This Little Light of Mine" and "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands." Every day her storehouse of songs continues to grow, and as it does, spontaneous bursts of beautiful melody spring from her tongue. Maybe, it's not so spontaneous, but comes at the prompting of the Lord who knows that every True Word spoken, in whatever method He may choose, builds us up in our most holy faith.

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

Amanda loves to sing, too! My cousin bought a set of super cute books for us that feature multiracial children and they are read/song to common tunes. For a while Mike, sang them with her every night and now she sings them on her own. So sweet!

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Debby-Anderson-Board-Books/dp/0781430763