Sunday, August 3, 2008

Being Doers

"You have so much knowledge about God's Word on marriage; do you think that you will be able to live it when you get married?" I asked a young single friend recently. "Knowing and doing are two different things," she responded. Oh, how God shows me this truth in my own life over and over. I have read rich books, memorized many verses, and studied seriously the truths of the Scripture, yet when the conflict comes, I find the flesh winning way too often. "The one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing." (James 1:25) Lord, by Your grace, may I do what I know.

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

Our pastor has been preaching from James this month. It is such a call to real action.

Katie