Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Root Canal

Sitting in the dentist's chair for two hours, I sought ways to redeem the time. I prayed for my dentist, his assistant, and everyone in his office. I prayed for a missionary in Afghanistan who is trying to start a small dental business as a ministry because the people there have very little dental care available to them. I reviewed Scripture verses, and as I did, I sensed the Holy Spirit impressing upon me one in particular: "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary afflictions are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Corinthians 4:16) My body is in fact wasting away, but the eternal glory that awaits is far greater than all the suffering in the here and now.

2 comments:

Vanesa said...

After Root Canal Treatment


Your tooth will be sore for two to three days after the procedure, and your dentist will tell you to avoid chewing on the affected side. The worse the infection and inflammation was prior to root canal treatment, the sorer the tooth will be after treatment. You can take over-the-counter pain relievers to ease the discomfort.

Vanesa said...

seriously almost every site said to expect pain for 2-3 days
You are gonna be FINE!!!
ptl Jamie. ;)
Muah