Friday, August 15, 2008

Mail Call

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved to check the mail. One just doesn't know what exciting news might be waiting there. A postcard from a pen pal in a far-off land. A letter of love from a long-lost friend. A card of encouragement mysteriously left unsigned. And now, in addition to the the old-fashioned mailbox, there are email and blog comments to check. I almost feel compelled to go straight to the computer each morning, and it can easily become the first thing I head toward in any free moment I have. As I thought upon this habit, the Lord impressed upon my heart that He has written the greatest letter that has ever been written, and the good news contained within it can not be outdone. Shouldn't I look toward my Bible with far more excitement, anticipation, and eagerness than I do my earthly mail? Lord, may I cry out with the Psalmist "My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times." (Psalm 119:20)

1 comment:

Vanesa said...

Amen Jamie. I love this one.